1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

suggested missions?

Discussion in 'Newcomers Area' started by mastermesh, Mar 6, 2018.

1. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Home page:
    Working my way through the lower level missions on each planet...

Currently working on pleaks and doing the mazeweaver missions daily... (pleaks aren't really daily, but an hour or two a week mostly - I mainly go after them when I eat a loot pill to up the criteria bar on my oratan axe's autoloot passive buff, so just do an hour at a time...)

Completed the fap upgrade mission.

Thinking about doing the ultimate n00b challenge along side the you are Poseidon missions but not sure if it's worth it. (already bought a coat off the auction)..

on the test of faith missions do ANY mobs count, or just those at a certain maturity? (i.e. do the pleak count?)... Seems some mission dialogues don't count puny maturity... might want to clean that up going forward as planet continues to develop. If pleak do count, would it be possible to make them count for the starter part of that mission chain too?

Love the idea of the dailies for stuff like the miner bots, but not sure my budget can afford it (last time I did that one it cost me a full katsuichi determination's tt value and then a bit more to get through it...not sure if the reward makes it worthwhile?)
  2. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member

Nov 14, 2011
    A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home page:
    Hello mastermesh,

Alright, so I went back to double check about the Ultimate N00b Challenge, which only accepts the weak/watcher/solider mobs near Altas Hunting Grounds. While I realize that there are 2 new spawns of Pleaks at the Atlas Hunting Grounds now it does prompt some discussion about either:

a) adjusting the Ultimate N00b Challenge mission
    b) moving the Pleak spawn away from that area
    c) considering an alternate mission to unlock the Test of Faith missions on Cyrene

This is something that we continually look at when trying to create missions, not every daily mission will be suited for every player type however there are a handful of daily missions that any player skill level can complete. The effort / reward for them need to be enticing enough for repetition while at the same time they can't be abundantly rewarding as to break the formula: it's a fine line.