1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

MSR - New Media Team Member

Discussion in 'MSR / MSM - Announcements' started by MindStar 9, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    It is with the greatest of pleasure that Syer and I present to the community the newest member of our​
    MSR Media Team:​
    Meeth "Fang" Arden
    Soldiers of Fortune Society

Fang-ScoutArmor-300.jpg

Fang has an IT and Business Management background, as well as over 8 years of Entropia Universe experience. As a seasoned professional (both real and virtual), his contributions to the media team will be immensely valued and appreciated.

He will work mainly in partnership with Syer from an IT perspective as it relates to our upgraded server environment, as well as the MSR website, and MSM TeamSpeak server. However, his assessment and critical thinking skills will also be utilized in the daily planning and production of media activities relating to Cyrene.

This chain of events was triggered as a result of all of us having a general chat on our MSM TS server and Syer making a few comments in passing about the current server upgrade and conversion that we're going through with the media operations. Fang offered to assist Syer in any way he can, and as they say - the rest is history.

The two of them got into their geek-chatter, but once they got past that and started talking about something I could reasonably understand, then we explored what our options are going forward. It was a productive meeting of the minds, and the end result is that we have our new MSR Media Team member.

Two "gray" and one "purple" matter - makes for some interesting possibilities! :p

The server conversion should (hopefully) be complete this week, and then we will be ready to deliver the goods in a whole new way. However, MSR is still operating 24/7, so be sure to tune in and catch the energy from our radio waves. We'll make an announcement when and if there will be a disruption in streaming when we're ready to switch over.

In the meantime, we've been hunkered down in the MSR Studio on the MSM TS, so all of you who hang out there and have seen Fang in the Studio, you now know why. :D

Please join us in welcoming Fang to the MSR Media Team. :yay:

Painwrecker, Roni and SoftHart like this.
  2. Calli
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Calli Things that make you go Hmm!
    Mellow

Home Page:
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Big Grtz to you Fang! Look forward to all the exciting things that will be coming !!!! :)

MindStar likes this.
  3. Syer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Syer DigiDime Founder
    Spaced

Virtual Development & Sound Engineering
    Home Page:
    Society:
    The Magisterium
    [​IMG]
    It is awsome to have Fang part of our team... Welcome Fang. Now that the news is out, it is time to get those surprises out for the community that we plan on developing. o_O
    And to those who are wondering... Well those are :topsecret: till later :p

Painwrecker and MindStar like this.
  4. Painwrecker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Painwrecker Member
    Blah

Society:
    The Magisterium
    big gz man!!

can't wait to here more about the future developments :D

regards,

PW

5. Roni
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Roni Active Member
    Amused

DJ with AHR
    Society:
    Phoenix Rising Co-op
    Cool!

Cheers, Roni

6. Fang
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Fang New Member
    Curious

Hunter
    Home Page:
    Society:
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Thanks guys,

It's a pleasure to be part of such a dynamic team that MindStar and Syer already form, and I probably only need a couple of more meetings with them before my brain catches the purple fire burning in that TS room called "MindStar Studio". We should rename that room to "MindStar Furnace" cause once you're in there you start sweating, and IT'S PURPLE SWEAT!!! I swear, last time I left a meeting, I turned my head quickly to the side and no kidding, i saw purple smoke rising to the slightly above my head that was probably coming from my ears :p

Nah, just kidding. It's a pleasure to be on board and we have some exciting work ahead of us!!!

MindStar and Painwrecker like this.
  7. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:

Well THAT dispels the myth that all we do is play in that room! :p

As you have discovered my dear Fang, there's a lot that goes on in the Studio, and that we indeed have several projects in the pipeline that we've been working on. After the conversion is complete with the new server and added software, we'll be able to move ahead with them.

I'm really looking forward to the end results of what's in production at the moment, and with you on board now, it's going to make it even that much more dynamic, so thank you for joining us. :thumbup:

To the rest of the community ... even the space dust around the studio is purple! :D