1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

SoftHart's Birthday Bash - (Video)

Discussion in 'MSR-Events' started by MindStar 9, May 27, 2012.

1. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

MindStar 9 Hoping for the Best
    Inspired

Home Page:
    Once again, it has been proven that you never know what will happen at an MSR gathering, and in this case, it was SoftHart's Birthday Bash. We say ... always expect the unexpected ... and this time was no exception.

Soon after the party got started at the Janus Gateway, there was word that Softy's husband in real life, and "Compusmurf" in-game, needed rescuing in space.

Cyrene's first society just happens to be "Cyrene Recon & Rescue" with Lone Wolf McQuaid at the helm. Needless to say, a Quad Wing Brigade was assembled and totaled 7 in all when they were ready to race off into space for the rescue.

Being that Softy and Comp were sitting next to each other in real life, Softy was able to witness the approaching Quad Wing Brigade on Comp's computer and said it was "freakin' awesome" ... never let it be said that we don't provide entertainment. :D

Following is a bullet point accounting of how the evening progressed:
    • We all met at the Janus Gateway by the Falls as usual
    • Syer had run off briefly to create a special dance area at the next party location
    • After Syer returned, we got word that Comp needed rescuing in space
    • A Quad Wing Brigade of 7 was assembled and Lone Wolf McQuaid led the way
    • Pilots were ... (1) Lone Wolf McQuaid; (2) CyberTrash; (3) Syer (CoPilot - Painwrecker); (4) Blood Moon (Moonie); (5) Cappy; (6) Filthy McNasty; (7) 88 Os 88 ... thank you for your efforts
    • Comp was victoriously rescued without incident
    • Lone Wolf McQuaid led the Brigade back to Cyrene and over the Janus Falls
    • Once grounded, the pilots walked the steps of the Gateway to greet Softy and bring her man home
    • Syer then led the group to the diving cliff over the Falls
    • I headed off to the next party location
    • Once again, Lars Sebra (Calypso Rescue Team) initiated 3 wormholes
    • No one knows where they're going except Syer and I
    • I was waiting at the TanHok Zekkonian Village just North of the TanHok Crystal Gardens Teleporter
    • All 3 wormholes were successfully completed
    • Syer led everyone to the special dance area he had created
    • Skeezer and Dibbler rescued 20 kegs of Beer and brought it to the party
    • We continued to party and chat, and share birthday songs to Softy from celebrities who were popping into the MSR Studio ... Beatles, U2 - Bono & The Edge, the penguins from Happy Feet (it got crowded), Jimmy Hendrix, Jack Black, Stevie Wonder, and none other than Yoda and Darth Vader :eek:
    • Syer and I then got on-air together and surprised Softy with pre-recorded birthday messages from several of her friends, including a group birthday song
    • Syer is working on making these available in this thread for everyone to hear
    • Later on, Syer held a contest called (I think) "Where's the Beef" :p
    • He hid a leg of meat (real item - don't know formal name) in one of the TanHok Zek homes, and the first person to find it, get the coords and report back to Syer would be the winner
    • Dibbler from Irken Invaders donated the prize ... Hoverpod MK1 (thank you)
    • How special that "Compusmurf" was the winner - Gratz!! :thumbup:
    • We partied a while longer until it was time for Softy and Comp to leave because they had real life plans for Softy's birthday
    The party was a smashing success, and the following video once again, is only a small representation of the fun had by all. If you haven't attended an MSR party, then you really are missing out on some crazy-ass times.

My media partner (Syer) is the pro videographer, but he wears so many hats and manages several things during our gatherings, that it's difficult for him to get footage, so for now, you'll just have to enjoy my videos ... because I said so! :nana:

Just as an FYI ... some segments of the video are a bit longer for a special reason, but you'll understand once you watch it.

You really missed a good one if you weren't there! :dance1:

THIS IS THE TANHOK ZEK VILLAGE IN BETTER LIGHT
    TanHokZekVillage-1.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-2.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-3.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-4.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-5.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-6.jpg
    TanHokZekVillage-7.jpg

Nor Alien, Kiri, Painwrecker and 3 others like this.
  2. Syer
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Syer DigiDime Founder
    Spaced

Virtual Development & Sound Engineering
    Home Page:
    Society:
    The Magisterium
    AWESOME!!!!! GOD I LOVE THE VIDEO!!!! :bowdown:

The music is so wonderfully tuned in - It sounds like the quads are communicating with each other in the song...

BRAVO!!!! :thumbup:

SoftHart, Painwrecker and MindStar 9 like this.
  3. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:
    I JUST HAD TO

Kiri and Painwrecker like this.
  4. Calli
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Calli Things that make you go Hmm!
    Mellow

Home Page:
    Society:
    Irken Invaders
    Wow video was awesome! The party was a blast, once again a good time had by all and the laughs, sound effects in MSR Teamspeak hysterical!

MindStar 9 likes this.
  5. SoftHart
    • Cyrene Pioneer

SoftHart Active Member
    Mischievious

Awesome Video! I couldn't have asked for a better bday party! Thanks to everyone who attended a special thanks to Mindstar and Syer for the party! And special thanks to all the guys in the rescue party "you touched my heart" :loveshower:

btw how can I make a copy of the video :)

6. Kiri
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kiri New Member
    Yeehaw

Society:
    Natural Born Killers
    Looks like it was a blast, sorry again I had to miss it :(

SoftHart likes this.
  7. MindStar 9
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Inspired

Home Page:

Glad you enjoyed the video, it was fun creating it, but actually something happened with the track/action timing through the upload and it's a couple of seconds off ... you know what a stickler I am about that, so I might re-upload when I have the time. :D

As far as it sounding like the pilots in the Quads are communicating ... that was intentional, because I remembered that music track from when you introduced it to me a while back. I think the whole little story about the space rescue was just too cool not to include in the video. Softy's comments in game chat were priceless.

Yes, the fun was crazy, but unless you're part of the party environment, you just can't imagine how intense the humor gets, both in chat and actions of those present ... it's like people are high on space dust. :p

As far as the MSR Studio is concerned ... Syer and I love to role-play while on-air together as if we're in an actual studio instead of a virtual one, and definitely add some sound effects when it fits ... we do our best to make it more fun. :D

The fact that you had fun is what's important ... our aim is to create an interesting, fun, unexpected, crazy-ass time, but it seems your hubby wanted to add to the "unexpected" by getting himself stuck in space. However, it added a dimension of drama that really fueled the activities, and gave me a wonderful storyline to write about, so thank Comp from me for making such a grand entrance to your birthday party. :D

Syer is still going to make the personal birthday messages available so everyone can hear them, especially those who were not present at the party, or tuned into MSR. We will also make sure that you get a copy of the video. I know there's a way that you can download it right off YouTube, so we'll get that to you. :thumbup:

Back to the studio to plan the next party! :yay:

Hey Shawty ... you have to know that you are incredibly missed when you can't join us for any of the parties, but one of these days you'll make it, and we will once again be able to experience your crazy-ass energy. :xxxlaugh:

Painwrecker and SoftHart like this.
  8. Painwrecker
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Painwrecker Member
    Blah

Society:
    The Magisterium
    as this was my first MSR party, i must say expect me at the rest :D, was a whole bunch of fun, great music, great bunch of people sharing in Softy's special day.. well done to Syer and Mindstar!

Looking forward to the next great evening of having fun

regards,

PW

SoftHart, MindStar 9 and Syer like this.