• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Lowered FPS in some areas ...

kenji

Hello all Cyrenians and Cyrene Dev. Team.

I will start from the beggining and hope no one gets bored. Few weeks back I was on another planet and as I was preparing to heal a hunter over some big mobs I crashed when I got killed (my PC stop and I needed to power on it again). I thought that was just a simple crash so I logged back ingame. When I got killed again (hunter got killed and I got killed too), again my PC stopped running. This happened 4 times in a row.

I thought its from my videocard and replaced it with a borrowed one next day. The new one didnt resolve my problem so I came back to my old one.

Left that other planet to another planet (will not use their names because we are on Cyrene Forum). There all went fine, no problems.

I came back to Cyrene and I saw in some VU Notes (searched them now, but couldnt find them), that some Cyrene areas will be haveing their graphical reduced to improve FPS and gameplay. I was happy because I had some crashes (only to desktop) few times in Aerial Base.

After VU, I had some fapping services at Aerial Base,on the Imperiums/Fenris. I had some crashes (3-4) but it was ok, not much worries.

Then Saturday evening I was asked by a player if I can heal him on the Skreels, on the Aerial Base beach. I agreed and went there. When we were ready to start I crashed and the PC stopped. I tryied to come back ingame 3 other times and all tryies ended same way: PC stopped. (sorry for this Bella)

I know my PC isnt the best (Intel Celeron Dual Core, 4 GB RAM, this videocard), but I didnt had problems in the past and now its worse than before the Update.

so now it comes my question: it is only me having problems or there are others having problems with FPS (crashes) on Cyrene.

Thanks in advance!

TunerS

Travelling through time...
I don't crash...but when I do, I crash so badly that i can't get online for another 5 minutes :D

But on serious note, my PC never stops working after the game crashes. Maybe you have some other software/technical problems with your computer that is causing your PC to crash?

kenji

Yeah, I thinks my 4 GB of RAM's are not enough for these high FPS areas. But I didnt had these problems in the beggining of 2014. So something was changed. And, like I said, in the VU Notes they said that some areas will be more ''low detalied'' to avoid lag and crashes.

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey guys,

I'll be watching this thread for feedback not just for Kenji but also to see about what other graphical issues players are having on Cyrene.

I'll be running more tests this week on a machine similar to Kenji's to see what's happening on our end.

Cheers,
Kris

kenji

reinstalled the OS last night: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (previous instalations were all on 32 bit), and I had the same PC stop (couldnt play more than 20 mins and I was in Supply Depot area this time). The weird fact is that my wife avatar is on Planet Rocktropia and she can play for 3-4 hours non-stop and the PC dont stop. So I think its something from the planet. Also, like I said I had this problem on Arkadia too, but not on Calypso.
Thanks for the help Kris.

Thanatos

Fate Thanatos Themis
check cooling of processor and graphics card just in case its ok

after i installed 3xbigger cooling on the proc, comparing to BOX cooling, the overall preformance of PC increased alot

George Skywalker

The weird fact is that my wife avatar is on Planet Rocktropia and she can play for 3-4 hours non-stop and the PC dont stop.

This problem may also be related to your account.

Was she using the same pc? If she can visit Cyrene and play on Cyrene without crashing it will indicate there is a problem with your EU account rather than the computer.

kenji

This problem may also be related to your account.

Was she using the same pc? If she can visit Cyrene and play on Cyrene without crashing it will indicate there is a problem with your EU account rather than the computer.

yeah, she use same PC as me. I am on Calypso atm, and will try when I get home to see if I crash on Caly.

L.E: All went fine on Calypso, so the problem for me was on Cyrene. Will watch how things go further on Caly, before I get back to Cyrene.

Last edited:

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey Kenji,

I'm going to appeal to MA and see what they can found about this.

I played around on the test server for a few hours on a machine that these specs and didn't have any issues running on medium/high settings:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

There are a couple other machines that I can test on but it will take some time to set up.

Cheers,
Kris

shaun 27

Hey im getting the same problem with the crashes apart from its not a complete crash i get a error saying your graphic card adapter or something stopped working and recovered. I normally get this on high and sometimes medium resolution and it isn't just cyrene. This also happens on ark sometimes not as bad though (never had this problem on caly) happens once every 3 days or so on cyrene. But overall i have been getting some loss on fps in certain cyrene areas or extreme lag as if my pc is struggling.

Pc specs as follows all drivers etc are up to date and its a custom built pc.

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz Overclocked a tiny bit but its water cooled
Video card: ASUS HD7870 Series Direct cu2 2gb
R.a.m: corsair vengeance 16gb RAM
Motherboard: Asus sabertooth 990fx.
Windows 64bit home premium.
Running entropia client and operating system from a Corsair Neutron SSD SATA Disk Device 240gb with plenty spare.

As for heat issues i really doubt it is that, even over clocked i have over 6 fans on my case and temps never get above 41 under stress. Maybe i need a new graphics card i dont know but my pc struggles on cyrene for some reason.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

kenji

Hello Kris and all.
I cleaned the PC inside and replaced the thermal paste from CPU and GPU and it helped to decrease the temperatures on those. I am not on Cyrene atm, but will come soon and hope the problem will not happen again.
Will keep this thread informed.