• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Noob question: I am unable to move

VillowVonVald

I have done the tutorial and clicked WASD keys. It did not give any movement but the tutoral was happy enough.
Then came the 'move by double clicking on the ground' and that worked. My avartar moved to a different spot in the room.

After the tutorial ended, even double clicking cannot move me. So for now I am just standing there thinking ;-))

I did get a Keychart up and saw that there were different color groups of keys. Could it be I have accidentally entered a different mode and just dont know how to get out of it ?

Any help appreciated.

love Villow

harmony

W A S D should always work. Maybe you managed to get yourself stuck, pressing "T" might help there.
(WASD won't work if you're trying to use chat options)

sluggo

If you get 'stuck' somewhere, the T for teleport key can often get you out of the mess. Some folks have teleportation chips to zip out as well. Yes it gets annoying but it is a semi 'accepted' part of this game, getting stuck once in a while.

sluggo

Some other methods that can be tried if you're stuck:
  • jumping backwards (holding down arrow and E keys, repeatedly pressing A or D to rotate);
  • turning down graphic settings (the object you're stuck in might not be there in low/safe mode; this is usually not worth it though);
  • sometimes you can spawn a vehicle right next to yourself and jump into it;
  • and as you've already found out, relogging often helps as well.

If you're playing in windowed mode, the first thing to check is if the window has focus :)

Spawn

The problem is that movement keys are layed onto the keyboard and you can switch keyboard layouts with your function keys.
I have movement on Arrow keys (I am a lefty) on my F1 keyboard layout. F2 is a standard layout so Arrow keys for movement don't work.

You can press G L I ingame to edit your keyboard layouts. If you don't want to get stuck, put movement actions from the action library ( the L key) onto all the keyboard layouts (F1- F9)

Nikto

The problem is that movement keys are layed onto the keyboard and you can switch keyboard layouts with your function keys.
I have movement on Arrow keys (I am a lefty) on my F1 keyboard layout. F2 is a standard layout so Arrow keys for movement don't work.

You can press G L I ingame to edit your keyboard layouts. If you don't want to get stuck, put movement actions from the action library ( the L key) onto all the keyboard layouts (F1- F9)
You don't search for easy ways? ;)

Why you just don't put them on general layout? One that marked with * (asterisk).
I always map all my "universal" keys there.