• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Surfing on my Spear MK1 underwater!

OZtwo

Got my Spear Mk1 today and have to say I'm loving it. For many who have driven a hoverpod a lot will love the Spear!

Also I found a bit of fun with it today:

It's been great FUN! Keep up the great work!!

Ori'sWorld

now all we need is underwater mining ;)

Nice! OZtwo!! yeah! i always thought that hoverboards would be cool in EU especially if the player models could do tricks like kickflips/grids ect. as for underwater mining yes please!! that means submarines!! underwater cities! ect. also im hoping MA introduces space mining!! Bring it on!!!

miles

It all comes down to how you hit the water, you either stay on the surface or go under. I suspect it is a bug and we will start drowning when we go under. It would be nice to know if this how it is supposed to work or if it is indeed a bug.

Fun for now, at least.

Video Request: Climb Mt. Cyrene! (The last bit is tricky, but driving in reverse helps.)
:beerchug:
Miles

miles

North of Cragg's. - Summit is over 1000m, and very steep, but it is possible to park on top, very near the highest point.

(I have screen shots, but this forum lacks a gallery and I haven't bothered to find an alternative.)

OZtwo

North of Cragg's. - Summit is over 1000m, and very steep, but it is possible to park on top, very near the highest point.

(I have screen shots, but this forum lacks a gallery and I haven't bothered to find an alternative.)

Ok, well do. BTW, they did fix the hoverpod MK2 as well....:)

SoftHart

Don't need a gallery to upload a pic :)

miles

C:\_My Files\_hobby\EU\XandraX\printscreen\img_20120513_16_06_03_707
Don't need a gallery to upload a pic :)

OK, so I'm old and clueless. :D

img_20120513_16_06_03_707.jpg

How's that?

Miles

p.s. - the Spawn Vehicle countdown timer is on because I was playing around with spawning my VTOL above 1000m, before I went back for the picture.

p.p.s - Thanks for trying Oz, I look forward to daylight!

SoftHart

Yeah saw you there. I tried to go up............go up there but after 10 tries to actually park it up there I gave up! lol Damn thing keep flipping as soon as I got to the top.

LOL I see you had the same problems from the video.

miles

Nice.

It took me at least that long - and I think I got stuck in the same hole once. I ended up backing up the last section, but I can see that you really just need to come at the summit at an angle, like you did in the end. I think if you cut the throttle when you are falling like that, you don't keep bouncing.

I love the running commentary and sound effects :D

Thanks,
Miles

miles

Pocket Rocket

I took my Spear to Calypso and spent some time playing around Athena Spaceport. How close to vertical can the Spear climb?

img_20120515_23_55_44_440.jpg
img_20120515_23_55_50_632.jpg

Pretty freakin' close :D

Miles

OZtwo

You try the PA buildings yet?? :) I need to get back and test that out..Hoverpod can do it...:rolleyes:

bubba

Boss
Pocket Rocket

I took my Spear to Calypso and spent some time playing around Athena Spaceport. How close to vertical the Spear climb?

View attachment 924

Pretty freakin' close :D

Miles

lol picture of the year right there! :D

This time, it's the real thing. My little trip going up Mt. Cyrene:

awesome vid, damn this is one fun vehicle for sure! Now just need to get some events etc goin....heard something about a racetrack been found ingame? Maybe just a rumour...??

C:/Bubba :beerchug:

OZtwo

awesome vid, damn this is one fun vehicle for sure! Now just need to get some events etc goin....heard something about a racetrack been found ingame? Maybe just a rumour...??

Yes the Spear Mk1 'Hover Bike' is great to drive and not all that hard of a mission to get the supplies needed to complete the mission for the bike itself. The Hover Bike will add a new level of fun to the game since it takes mountain climbing to a new level of fun.

Yes, there is a great new race track area which when i first saw it, I thought the area could be the TP (Twin Peaks) of Cyrene.