• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

In Search of Cyrene's Historical Symbol

Lykke TheNun

View attachment 214

Ok Lykke this is my idea...

Hey Nexa - that is a nice idea and thanks for the effort explaining it to me - but is that an idea for the actual game/story line?

What the archaeologists on Cyrene is looking for is real life proofs of Cyrene. The Symbol (which I posted) hidden in different world locations - for example in the sky, in flowers, in the ocean, in ancient crypts, in the coffee grounds etc.

:)

Cyrenes ancient and Egypts ancient have the same father? :dunno: Eheheh

Pharaonic_curse_off_Treasures_3.jpg

Scarab shaped jewellery from Tutankhamen’s tomb.

KV9_Winged-khepri-disc_Egypt.jpg Tombs at Tanis.jpg symbolism2-23.jpg tumblr_lv3o1vNm2k1qewu23o1_500.jpg

During and following the New Kingdom, scarab amulets were often placed over the heart of the mummified deceased. These "heart scarabs" were meant to be weighed against the feather of truth during the final judgement. The amulets were often inscribed with a spell from the Book of the Dead which entreated the heart to, "do not stand as a witness against me."

Lykke TheNun

Cyrenes ancient and Egypts ancient have the same father? :dunno: Eheheh

View attachment 223
Scarab shaped jewellery from Tutankhamen’s tomb.

View attachment 224 View attachment 225 View attachment 226 View attachment 227

During and following the New Kingdom, scarab amulets were often placed over the heart of the mummified deceased. These "heart scarabs" were meant to be weighed against the feather of truth during the final judgement. The amulets were often inscribed with a spell from the Book of the Dead which entreated the heart to, "do not stand as a witness against me."

I sure see a lot of similarities in your find Nexa :) even if it's not completely the Symbol of Cyrene - it does look a lot like it!!

I assume we're back in Egypt again so we can pin it on the world map?

Thank you :dance:

Bwolf Clawtooh

Came across this picture , wonder if any of these could be a symbol of cyrene, and due to a race of warriors , and predators, artistic abilities may have been in short supply. Image could have been adapted to a simpler form as their symbol. Found in the depths of oceans.

432px-Haeckel_Decapoda.jpg

Lykke TheNun

Hm, I can see the similarities like the other one you posted, Bwolf, but I can't see the actual symbol of Cyrene :headscratch: and I'm afraid that is what the scientists and archaeologists are after, and what they value most.

Or did my old eyes miss something?:eek:

:BreakDance:

MIND

im awesome.
i was watching TV when suddenly

this popped up
inredning-vardagsrum.jpg

luckly I had time to make a photo of it 2 minutes later the tv blew up :/

could it be ancient cyrene device that made the picture pop up and the waves my parabol picked up was too strong and blew up the tv?

btw its in sweden 59 07 01.39 N 15 11 05.93 V

Lykke TheNun

i was watching TV when suddenly

this popped up
inredning-vardagsrum.jpg

luckly I had time to make a photo of it 2 minutes later the tv blew up :/

could it be ancient cyrene device that made the picture pop up and the waves my parabol picked up was too strong and blew up the tv?

btw its in sweden 59 07 01.39 N 15 11 05.93 V

Ooo that is cool! Not that the tv blew up ofc :eek: but that is indeed a clear symbol of Cyrene!

I will pin that on the world map!!

Thanks(and yes, new smilies :D - announced in another thread)

:BreakDance: