• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

New to Cyrene

Amber Ray

Hello everyone. I'm a new player to Cyrene and had a few questions before I got started.

I'm not new to EU in general, I first started on Calypso about a month ago so I understand the basics of the game, mechanism, and etc. That said I notice that Cyrene is a bit different in terms of starting. Is there no tutorial phase such as Calypso (I want to be sure I did not miss something)?

Where is the central trading city?

Any recommendations/tips before I get my feet wet. So far I am very intrigued by the planet and I look forward to exploring.

Thank you for your time,
Amber Ray Silvano

Supply Depot is where you will find the most people who craft or have any resources for trading.

The economy here is small, but more active than it looks.

As far as getting your feet wt, there are SO MANY missions here it's crazy. Try a few of the smaller one's and see how they feel to you.

Not knowing your gear level and available ped it's hard to give exact recommendations.

Amber Ray

Thank you for the reply.

I suppose I should note that I've started over here. I haven't deposited yet but plan to in a few days (after I purchase my course books for the semester). That makes me broke and gearless for the time being.

Just exploring I've found so many quests. I didn't even know there WHERE that many lol

kjellings

Hey amber :)

The starting missions are at a.r.c. headquarters. If you are sweating, the crystal pede mission are at camp zeta and the smallest majority are at setter docks TP just at the beach there :) You might also try to sweat the sprouted dire weeds east of southern base but there is no mission on this majority.. just a question if you want evade or dodge really ;)

Please add me ingame since i would love to help you out ;)

Kyiel kjellings hastings

Sn0wst0rmz

Pro Miner
Hey welcome to Cyrene, the more the merrier as they say :D

Anyway a good place to start is by reading the top thread in this section of the forum. The community here have put everything in a simplistic structured manor so that people can navigate and find things more easily.

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/newcomer-welcome-to-planet-cyrene.1188/

On the link you will find all the basic knowledge of the planet plus more links to the Quest lists some of which give blue prints, amour plates and what not.

Here is the most up to date map of Cyrene showing the TP location and mob spawns / difficulty. http://cyreneforum.com/threads/cyrene-creature-map.1407/

If you click the map image it will expand to become more readable. Another good thing is most people will answer any questions in game if you happen to pass... unlike on calypso where they tend to be ignorant! lol.

Main hubs are as other have said the 101 supply depot and the A.R.C Headquarters. I hope you came prepared with supplies lol

Amber Ray

Thank you all for the welcome and the information, looks like I have some reading ahead! I really appreciate it. I understand life on Cyrene will be tough for a newbie as compared to Calypso, but I'm up to the challenge.

Thank you all again.

Lykke TheNun

Hi and welcome :)

The best thing to do is to add a lot of great friends (like the above ;) ) because they can and will help you out if you have questions.

Also, look at the forum here for clues (AND our awesome community already posted links for you) - might be useful too!
I hope you will have a lot of fun and enjoy your time on Planet Cyrene :beerchug:

The Ava

Hello all

New to Cyrene but old In Calypso. At least when it was simpler to play there. :D Been away for a year and today was wondering if i should start to see if the fun was back in EU. So here i am at Cyrene ready to give it a try. oooooh...it looks great and i hope to see you all ingame.

All Regards EvaTheAva

kenji

Hey Eva, welcome into this loving community. If you will need any info/advice/tip feel free to ask on forum or maybe you meet me ingame. GL and have fun in your adventure :)

The Ava

Thank you kenji for the nice answer you gave me. :D Oh i WILL talk to you now in game...and to all of you of course. :) Till next time, take care all and remember to have fun.

Caro

Clothing Menace
Talk to me too. If you need any help with local fashion or want someone to chat with. Hit me up whenever you can \O/

The Ava

Caro you will be the first one that i´ll talk to too when it comes to fashion.:punish:Still that will be later on. :D

Caro

Clothing Menace
booo. Why kill monsters and dig in the ground if you can't look fashionable doing so?

The Ava

Hello and welcome from me Chubby. :D
I´m there now and then so ill hope to see you.

All regards Eva;D