• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Bug Report No spawning at new area

jetsina

...only the one (not yet working) area with oil is planned. The others are testing to try and find the cause of the problem, according to Kris.
I imagine splinters will stay in inventory. We have loads of cyrene-specific loot which is either has no use right now or no useful use. If I manage to get 1k of them (to get to 1 pec, hopefully), I will try and hang them up above the doorway of my land plot residence when it gets introduced in 2025, or whatever. - you gotta have dreams ... ;)

Hec

...only the one (not yet working) area with oil is planned. The others are testing to try and find the cause of the problem, according to Kris.
I imagine splinters will stay in inventory. We have loads of cyrene-specific loot which is either has no use right now or no useful use. If I manage to get 1k of them (to get to 1 pec, hopefully), I will try and hang them up above the doorway of my land plot residence when it gets introduced in 2025, or whatever. - you gotta have dreams ... ;)

Plot residence might happen when MA introduces new wallpaper perhaps???

Skip video to 3 minutes 35 seconds. PS don't watch too much or you'll be like wha? :eek:

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hi,

Thank you Kris for the more detailed explanation.
However, it's THEIR oil rig style spawner. What can it possibly be that they don't understand about it?
Looking at it anaytically, if the only spawn now working is absolutely new, with a new item, is there some 'spawn copy prevention code' in place to prevent existing spawns being secretly copied into code for a secret location by 'someone'? Maybe the spawn time/place routines are not being fed with oil/limes because of this?
Thanks again.

The real issue, in my opinion, is that it's clearly working in the test server but not on the live server. In the same vein, on the test server, the splintered tokens did not spawn, but are now active on the liver server.

Edit: ah, an observation I've just made.....
EU keeps losing connection right now due to bigger problems... but...
I am near the terminal in the ground where the oil should be spawning. While I had a connection I could see a spawned splinter, but the terminal would not show up. I don't mean when too far away, I mean when next to it. Then I lost sync and could no longer see the spawned splinter, but I COULD see the terminal. A few secs later I got the connection lost message.
There may thus be an issue between server side and client side conflicts. This is not only after desync on avatar position, but obviously before as well! I hope this helps!
edit2: on next login I could see both the terminal and the splinter - oh well! The main servers seem to be too screwed right now for useful testing.... good luck Kris!

Yes, there was some sort of problem which required maintenance on MA's part, which has made it difficult to diagnose if the issue was caused by that or something else. Either way we're still on the case.

Can we collect the splinter tokens? Or will they disappear from inventory after a fix?

Yes, of course, they will not be removed from the game.

Once the Oil spawn is fixed they won't spawn in that area though.

Regards,
Kris

krasko

Hi,
The real issue, in my opinion, is that it's clearly working in the test server but not on the live server. In the same vein, on the test server, the splintered tokens did not spawn, but are now active on the liver server.
Hey Kris,

Just FYI the splinter tokens don't drop anymore.

Wistrel

Kick Ass Elf
Hey guys,

I have already notified MA about this, as this is working perfectly in test:

View attachment 2862

As soon as I know this issue has been resolved on live servers I will let everyone know.

That's easy, we don't know where any of the switches are, or who pulls them. For anything that gets turned on or activated I couldn't say how it's done. As far as I know and have been told Planet Partners aren't privy to that information, amongst other things.

Regards,
Kris

cCVqHor.png

(Although I suspect it was probably always that way.... you get to know what you get to know. Must make life somewhat challenging though I imagine!)

Wistrel

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey guys,

On a nitpicking note, it should be "with 999 others". :)

Refining cost is not a worry however, multiple-to-one refining causes decay per item created, so it'll be 0.031 PEC with tt refiner, or 0.022 with Imperium B1.

I have adjusted this for the next PP VU, good catch Haruto Rat.

Cheers,
Kris