• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Very annoying visuals at TPs

Smoerble

Hi... plz check this video, on many TPs we have similar annoying visual effects. They seem to have no meaning at all and are just distracting.

Shall they mark the turret areas? Anyway... please get rid of them, it's not nice, not helpful, not amazing, and it does not fit the Cyrene theme at all.

Sub-Zero

I really don't like those blue things too, they make my fps lower than it already is. I think it needs to be removed. It's useless effects. People don't really care about such things, at least most don't.

Svarog

A pixel guy
I guess it's their way to mark outposts, these effects are well visible from air and distance and helped me to discover 2 mission brokers at unexpected locations. Though these effect might be less immense, of course...

Smoerble

Yes, it's some Kind of marker, and yes, it's good to spot from above… but when you are on the ground, it's hell of annoying (FPS is not an issue for me), it's just bad visuals and also Looks like a cheap effect.

There are better way to do this plus you can do things, that fit the Cyrene theme better.

Ed Robles 3

Thanks for the feedback Smoerble. They have no need now, but they are a part of missions not released yet in Soft Launch for epic missions (missions that will take a long time to complete but have great rewards).

Also we will consider changing these effects to something a little more FPS friendly.

Nikto

Best way to make you avoid any TP/Outpost I ever seen, ;) (also add annoying repeatable sounds from missions bots at some TP's).

Any chances to remove those Sprites/Sounds? :)

Evil Aeon

Unacceptable green/blue flying crap,who in his mind designed this shit,it must be purple "PURPLE" . Make it purple and it will be ok :ms9d:

Playing on 4 years old PC and don`t have any problem.

MindStar 9

Hoping for the Best
Unacceptable green/blue flying crap,who in his mind designed this shit,it must be purple "PURPLE" . Make it purple and it will be ok :ms9d:

Playing on 4 years old PC and don`t have any problem.

:xxxlaugh::xxxlaugh::xxxlaugh::xxxlaugh::xxxlaugh:... that was a 5-star laugh ... you crack me up! :D

Thanks for supportin' the purple ... but I'm already ecstatic about how much purple I've found on the planet here and there, along with others bringing it to my attention as well.

The C-Team has done the color proud. :thumbup:

mrproper

Color is good, the attack effects and such are nice, but they could be slightly fainter ;)

Also maybe the blue lights move slightly slower, you get hit in the eye too often by them...

Lykke TheNun

Color is good, the attack effects and such are nice, but they could be slightly fainter ;)

Also maybe the blue lights move slightly slower, you get hit in the eye too often by them...

Thanks for the input :) Again, we might look into changing it to be a little more player friendly. I have heard some got more used to it now than in the beginning and also now find it to be a cool effect (knowing it's going to be a part of a mission probably also helps some ;) )- perhaps it's also because it's so dark at night that it seems 'stronger'?

About the robot sounds at the tps which is also mentioned; that's also something which I have heard will be looked into. I agree that noise is making one insane :confused:

Bamaken

There are alot of area's that have several partical effects happening in map.
On an open world map makes for extreme lag , looks and playable sometimes are fine line.
Some of us cheap old goats try get extra mile out of older pc's found planet unplayable from these effects.