1. Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Cyrene 2020 and beyond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bella, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Kris | Cyrene
    • Administrator
    • Cyrene Staff
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Kris | Cyrene Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs Staff Member
    Cool

A man of many hats and talents.
    Chiang Mai, Thailand // Orange County, CA
    Home Page:
    Hey guys,

I wanted to chime in to thank everyone that has posted so far and let everyone know that:

A) We'll be taking time here to consider all the posts here and will make sure to give comments that we can to each one. We've already kind of been regrouping them into categories so the answers that we do provide are more clear.
    That being said I think the reply to this post will happen in about 1 week from today.

B) We are already taking into consideration / we already implementing some of the points listed here for the next PP VU. Namely mining improvements, graduation armor & events to name a few.

C) Please keep providing feedback to us, it helps us to better shape Planet Cyrene for all players.

Cheers,
    Kris

bella and mastermesh like this.
  2. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    Thanks ahead of time! You guys are actually the most responsive Planet Partners I've ever seen in this virtual universe!

Lilmc | Cyrene and Kris | Cyrene like this.
  3. sokolade
    • Cyrene Pioneer

sokolade www.sokolade.rocks
    Buzzed

Home Page:
    Society:
    House Of Gamers
    I know its probably been said, but most needed thing for improving economy on Cyrene is that we need player owned estates - shops, booths, apartments etc.
    Also possibility to loot Pyrite in the pvp, and other materials needed for most common crafts.

Thank you!
    Soko out :p

Kris | Cyrene and bella like this.
  4. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    make it 3 peds... or at least 2.5. That will bring those doing ark moon daily here instead. :)

Also add in a second daily for vlan wing that uses ammo instead of hammer only... then you create a double whammy that will draw folks in and give them an instant way to use these peds in the u.a.... or alternatively create some other 5-10 hp mob that way you won't be crowding out those narrow hallways in the maze...

Lowest hp mob ark moon has is oompa... you can kill tons of vlan wing for cost to kill one oompa.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Kris | Cyrene likes this.
  5. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    On this front, would love to see a lot of expansion on missions and mission chains for each faction... Actually would love to see entire mixed up dramatic complex storyline that's really involved... start small though... focus on one or two factions at first and slowly increase it over time to make it more and more complex. Suggest watching lots of old sci fi movies and star trek to get some ideas...

Whatever you do though as far as missions... if you have to return to an npc to complete mission PLEASE put a waypoint tracker thing on the npc you have to return to or else it gets really confusing remembering which blasted npc you need to talk to and where they are.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. Skubahta
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Skubahta Member
    Amused

Hi all.

Thanks for the reply Kris and Lilmc. Its always great to see how you guys keep on top of the opinions of players here on the forum.

This post by mastermesh takes me to a point that I forgot to mention on my previous post. I love the idea of expanding our current mission chains and having new ones even. However im wondering how are things going to play out with the current missions when Codex comes into play? I read that the points of the missions on our current system will be deleted. I think this rule should not apply to the epic missions and especially to the Test of Faith mission. These are not normal missions therefore should have a different rule. In 2020 I would like to see confirmation that at least all point of epic and Test of Faith mission chains will be brought forward to Codex when it comes into play.

Regards :)

7. mastermesh
    • Cyrene Pioneer

mastermesh Active Member

Home Page:
    Society:
    Ministry
    More holiday gifts, etc. I like the idea behind the spawn events, etc. but there's so many holidays out there not acknowledged in Entropia these days... and typically the spawn events don't have any little hp mobs as they little guys are all squished in with the big boys, etc.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/

Back in 2010-2011 era Mindark even did gifts for Valentine's Day but not any longer...
    http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Decoration&id=403

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Misc&id=352

Maybe Planet Partners can step up... Rocktropia did that neat little POVR thing a while ago, but pretty much silence since then except on Xmas typically... There are more holidays than Christmas and Halloween out there... heck I think even gifts were lacking on Halloween in the virtual universe this go round... Yes, this type of thing costs a bit likely, but it makes the game fun and most importantly brings players to the planet that is offering the gift, and typically when we come we come with pedcard in hand ready to do something when we stay.. :)

8. Alfa
    • Cyrene Pioneer

Alfa New Member

Society:
    Sputnik
    Hi!
    Are there any chances that the Daily_PvP_Mission_Token_Trader_Bot's supply of Cyrene-Side_Jackets will replenish?