• Welcome to Planet Cyrene Forum!

You appear to be browsing cyreneforum.com as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional privileges, and are then able to join the discussions?

Already a member? Login Now!

Wish List Ecotron camping - The problem/improvements

Justine

Without the money, this game is, hummm how to say, Bored ? Hunt is very simple and not dynamic for example. Quest, except some from Cyrene, are for skills only. Event from other planets are unfair, only big players with big gear can win, so if you remove the economic aspect, there will be nothing left.

Hagbard Celine

I suggest they remove the UL-version from Terminal and make only L-version buy-able.
Then make a NPC that takes the used L-version of the gun and exchange it for equal value of residue; with the chance of spawning the UL-version at minimum repair(equal to the value of used L-version TT-value).
This way those who use the gun for hunting get a chance of the UL-version, not the campers.

To clarify: this idea demands that the NPC only accepts L-versions at 0.0% usable condition, or else the campers could just change to buying all L-versions and turning them right in.

Disclaimer: I do not use this gun myself, I would just put an E-amp 15 on it and ruin the the whole concept of it.

Last edited:

Kris | Cyrene

Lo and Behold, the Fixer of Bugs
Staff member
Hey guys,

Any comments or thoughts Kris?

Of course, however, if it's not something that is concrete I think it would be better to hold that back until a final decision is ready to be shared.

Why the silence Kris, have you figured out we are tired of your empty promises? We need action.

Just busy here coordinating with MA for the next VU and of course this current issue with the weapons/vendors.

As far as empty promises, I would like to reiterate that everything that happens on Planet Cyrene must be approved by MindArk. I can only do so much in terms of item stats, drop rates, fill rates, etc. I am, however, always working with them trying to improve what we do have and make sure that Cyrene is on par with other planets.

I'm all for taking action, provided that action improves the situation, we just haven't reached that stage yet, this isn't something that is cut and dry.

I have also directed MindArk to this thread as well to see all the responses / replies / feedback from you all about this issue.

Regards,
Kris

Xen

I have a simple idea. Have the items spawn in random locations on the planet. When they spawn their coordinates are announced in the Cyrene channel. First person to get there and pick it up gets it (must have fulfilled requirements). Result is no camping and you have to be on Cyrene and paying attention.

Xen

Oh and please stop with asking for items to be bound!

IT'S AN RCE!!!

Stop being jealous if someone else makes some ped!

Reactions: Hec

San

Sandal San Tolk
I think the main problem is that somehow an illusion was created that once you've done the mission you would be entitled to your item. I thought that, too. It takes a conscious effort to ween yourself off of it again. I believe this is the point to aim at to improve things on the side they can control. It is useless to lament what you can't control, but understanding of it is not always so easy. Especially since examples of the contrary exist, like with Stolen Imperium. Although it was put out by mistake and had to be retracted again, everybody who made it in time got theirs. It is hard to understand why it can't be this way now, under the same structure and mission requirements.

San

Sandal San Tolk
Maybe so: They tried to make us understand that supply of these items is tied into the loot system. But making it "lootable" from a vendor is utterly counterintuitive to this game. Solution: Scrap the vendors and put the items into the loot pool for creatures and/or areas which are accessible only to those with the mission requirements fulfilled. Like the summoned creatures, or there could be a version of the Duke wave event only accessible to those who have their badges. It could be also in the SOOTO loot for miners with their badges. And people will happily farm for it instead of setting themselves up for endless frustration with the vendor.

RiverRun

Why not make getting the gun it's own mission. You need the mission in order to buy the gun and you can only complete the mission once. Players would only be able to buy one UL gun but it would keep the gun from being bound. One gun mission per stage.

edit: go ahead and keep the L guns open though they don't drop super often they are L whoever can get them then grats and enjoy

Last edited:

bella

Why not make getting the gun it's own mission. You need the mission in order to buy the gun and you can only complete the mission once. Players would only be able to buy one UL gun but it would keep the gun from being bound. One gun mission per stage.

edit: go ahead and keep the L guns open though they don't drop super often they are L whoever can get them then grats and enjoy

So you want to screw us all who worked hard to get arc badges

RiverRun

So you want to screw us all who worked hard to get arc badges

that's funny you have no idea how long I've been working this mission or how many badges I have and by your recent search for imperium cubes I don't imagine that you've been able to access stage 3 for very long.

What I am oppose to is not getting my weapon I didn't do the mission to make a profit by loading up on a bunch of guns to sell for a profit I did it to get my own weapon. Everyone who did the missions deserves to get their guns but that doesn't mean we deserve to get an endless supply of them. Being able to get one UL gun is a hell of a lot better then getting none at all or having to totally revamp the reward structure.

bella

that's funny you have no idea how long I've been working this mission or how many badges I have and by your recent search for imperium cubes I don't imagine that you've been able to access stage 3 for very long.

What I am oppose to is not getting my weapon I didn't do the mission to make a profit by loading up on a bunch of guns to sell for a profit I did it to get my own weapon. Everyone who did the missions deserves to get their guns but that doesn't mean we deserve to get an endless supply of them. Being able to get one UL gun is a hell of a lot better then getting none at all or having to totally revamp the reward structure.

Well i agree 1 gun per person but removing unlimited guns from stock it bad idea ,or better make guns avatar bound

Reactions: San

Hec

Oh Boy... we've already been over this ground.

Does anyone read the replies?
Or just the OP then makes a comment???

Hey here's a crazy idea keep things as they are and add a NPC that also gives user bound ecotrons!!!

Hatten

I think that would require a dramatic change of the amount of badges needed in order to get a ecotron given that once you complete the "mission" you are instantly awarded with an ecotron.

I think San has made a valid point about it being a potential drop from a mob/found mining once you have 200 or more badges.

Also, please please limit ecotrons to one per person.

Reactions: San

RiverRun

oh I never imagined they would go ahead and give all of us the gun right away. But if it was limited to one per player I could at least stop checking the vendor constantly and check back in a few months when more people have gotten their gun and wait for mine. camping the vendor sucks

Justine

Great idea, mission can be start only if you have enought ARC Badges